Reports to: Processing Team Leader
Direct Insurance London Market are a Lloyd’s Broker based within the City of London, currently looking for an Account Handler to join their broking and development team. Candidate would be required to have a keen willingness to learn and drive to succeed within the Insurance Industry.
- General administrative duties including scanning, filing, entering data onto relevant spreadsheets and preparing and production of Insurance documents and contract endorsements.
- Liaise with brokers on a daily basis, answering incoming telephone calls and chasing brokers for any additional data required
- Maintenance of Underwriter’s bordereaux through the use of Microsoft Excel
- Inputting & updating policies on in-house systems.
- Account management including renewal chasers through to file closures
- Maintain an electronic and paper filing system
- Full responsibility of handling all transactions placed via Lloyd’s through Xchanging systems, including the reconciliation of queries.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the clients and prospects
- Negotiating extensions with underwriters and premiums on MTA’s
- Providing broker support and creating documentation to be taken to the market e.g. creation of an MRC slip
- Management of in-house schemes, ensuring Bordereau’s are up to date and all data recorded is accurate.
- Booking surveys on behalf of insurers and maintaining communication with brokers on all requirements following issuance of reports
- Working for a number of different insurers and accounts and ensuring time management and attention to detail is to a high standard at all times.
- Specialty business types: Waste and Recycling, Liability risks and Asbestos insurance
- Carrying out reviews to ensure the quality of both personal outputs and those of the wider team
Education and Qualifications
At least 3 A levels or equivalent.
Desirable: Insurance qualifications e.g. CII or showing progression to achieving this
Skills & abilities
- Ability to manage own time, meet deadlines and prioritise work
- Attention to detail, numerate and accurate
- Able to communicate effectively with others
- Organised and methodical approach to work and problem solving
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong contribution to the team through own ideas, initiatives and concepts.
Knowledge and Experience
- Basic commercial insurance awareness
- Experience of working within a commercial environment, ideally within Insurance
- Outcome focused, self-motivated, enthusiastic
- Career minded
- Excellent work ethic
- Team worker with the ability to work on own initiative
- Professional approach to relationships
- Salary – Competitive salary
- Experience – Minimum of 2 years experience
- Holidays – 25 days
- On-going training
The job entails a standard 5 days a week employment. So if you’d like to work for an award winning company that offers training to all staff, personal development and real opportunity for growth then please send your CV to Kerry Johnson – firstname.lastname@example.org or to our recruitment inbox at – email@example.com.
To learn more about the company please visit www.dilm.co.uk
We look forward to hearing from you.