Due to recent growth within the business we are currently recruiting for a new position. The position of Insurance Technician is a vital role within the business. Based from our head office in London you will have the following responsibilities and duties:
Reports to:Associate Director, Aura Underwriting
Location: 6th Floor, 34 Lime Street, London, EC3M 7AT
Hours: 8:30am to 5pm
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Holiday: 25 Days
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen within a market leading Caribbean Insurance Specialist. Aura Underwriting are a Lloyd’s Cover holder based within the City of London, currently looking for an Insurance Technician to join their skilled and ambitious team. This is principally an administrative role and its purpose is to provide assistance to the Associate Directors in order to manage their Caribbean book portfolio and ensuring high professional service delivery to agents and markets.
- General administrative duties including scanning, filing, entering data onto relevant spreadsheets.
- Preparing insurance documentation in accordance with instructions set out by the Associate Directors (Certificates, Endorsements, Quotes, Application Forms and Pictures).
- Producing debit/credit notes and processing premiums on in-house system.
- Preparing LPANS and submitting premium payments to markets through Xchanging.
- Ad hoc management information tasks/projects.
- Handling Xchanging and internal queries in respect of both Policy and Premium issues.
- Maintain an electronic filing system.
- Liaising with agents on minor matters and sending out policy documentation when requested by the Associate Directors.
Education and Qualifications
At least 5 A-C Grade GCSE’s including English, Maths and ICT.
Desirable: Insurance qualifications e.g. CII
Skills & abilities
- Ability to manage own time, meet deadlines and prioritise work
- Attention to detail, numerate and accurate
- Able to communicate effectively with others
- Organised and methodical approach to work and problem solving
- Strong demonstrable IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Knowledge and Experience
- Basic core insurance principles
- Experience of working within a commercial environment, ideally within Insurance
- Familiarity with Xchanging and TAM Broker Management System (Ideal)
- Outcome focused, self-motivated, enthusiastic
- Team worker with the ability to work on own initiative
- Professional approach to relationships
- Takes pride in the quality of their work and self-motivated
- Confident attitude and keen learner who is not afraid to ask questions
Job can entail standard 5 days a week employment, but open to candidates who require part time working hours/days per week.
So if you’d like to work for an award winning company that offers training to all staff, personal development and real opportunity for growth then please send your CV to Kerry Johnson – email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.